May 8, 2012

925600min

that's how long it feels like...

HOLY CARP PEOPLE!  I'm back!  It's been a wild, wild few months, too much for one post.  So, here's the point form:

EMPLOYMENT:

-New Job and Old Job are no longer!  As of early March, I gave notice to both because of:
-Grown-Up Job, or, for now, just Job!  That's right, one job, full time, 9-5, Monday to Friday! 
-It's in my field, no less!  I'm back into non-profits! 
-For the moment, I'm at one site, but by mid-summer, it looks like I might be jumping back and forth between a couple of places within one company in order to cover holidays. 
-For the first time in a really, really long time, I have a steady income.  So, of course this means I went a little crazy and bought ALL OF THE YARNS at the Frolic, but other than that, bills are finally getting paid!

LIFE:

-Included in those bills is a brand new cell phone.  That's right, Sparky has a crackberry.  It had to happen eventually.  I actually kinda like it.
-I also have an iPad.  That's a long and complicated story including hand-knit socks.
-I've been working on some personal stuff.  Too personal for even here!  Just things I need to work through to be stronger and more confident.

KNITTING

-I haven't been knitting as much as I'd like.  I mean, really, considering I've got a big-huge-super-long commute, (nah, it's just 45 min, really).  Though, I"m quickly working my way through a baby sweater for a friend.
-As mentioned before, I blew an obscene amount of money at the frolic.  I don't regret it, I got a couple skeins from indigidragonfly.com, whom I'm madly in love with, Viola, who is leaving dying behind to go work in Europe or something, and Painted Fleece, who is transitioning into more costume design, and is no longer dying.  I also took advantage of some pretty epic sale prices, and got a sweater pattern I'm super-excited to dive into.
-I need to update my queue.

THE WHOLE WEDDING THING

-Yeah, still haven't set a date.  Probably won't any time soon.  It's just not a priority right now.  We're happy living in sin!
-This doesn't mean I don't have a pinterest board going with all the neat ideas I love smattered all over it.


That's pretty much it for right now.  I'm hoping to do more updating over the next few days, and a lot of it will probably be related to knitted awesomeness.

Glad to be back!


No comments: