November 15, 2011

Lung fail.

So, for those of you who haven't been subject to my recent barrage of facebook status updates, I am sick.  Like, epically so.  I basically have Pleurisy: an irritation of the lining of my lung, specifically the left one.  What does it feel like?  It feels like a broken rib on the left side, and a kick directly to the center of my chest.  Add to that some serious sinus congestion, and you've got yourself a royal mess.  How is it treated?  Painkillers.  That's it.  No antibiotics, because the root cause (the damned cough I've been fighting for weeks) is probably viral, so antibiotics will do nothing.  There are no pills, no potions, not even a poultice for this one.  Bed rest and pain killers.

So, I'm laid up.  Which should mean knitting and writing and other stuff that a person can do without really involving a lot of movement (unless you're Colleen, then it can involve a fair bit of flailing).  But honestly, I haven't been in the mood.  I've been so tired and grumpy, I haven't even wanted to do my 2 favorite things.  And it's NANOWRIMO for god's sake!  I should be leaping on this opportunity...well, in spirit.  I can barely walk, so leaping is pretty much out of the question.

So... Today I'm going to try and force myself to do a little more "me" like things... trying to get back into the reality of things.  I've been off work for a few days now, so going from knocked on my fluffy butt to running madly throughout the city is going to be hell unless I try to get back to "normal".

Though, I'm not 100% sure how normal I can really be when lunch includes Percocet...


(Apparently this post was brought to you by the letter P...)

No comments: