July 7, 2011

Worky-Work.

So, for those of you who haven't heard yet, I've managed to score a second part-time job. I don't want to discuss it too much, because when it comes to the interwebs and work, I've learned the hard way that vagueness is key. But, it's fairly easy, it's fun, and it allows me an opportunity to get to learn more about the busses, subways and rapid-transit lines run by the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC). It's pretty good, overall. But there's a pretty significant paperwork portion of the job which takes place right here at home. This means I need my office back, and quickly.

I also need a working, right-side-up filing cabinet, but that's an easy fix, really.

Also, the printer needs toner.

I digress.

I took a few minutes tonight and tried to straighten up a bit, mainly because I was looking for a specific skein of yarn for a project that's coming up, which I"ll probably talk about soon. When I realized that my yarn is kind of a mess, I got sad, then kinda miffed, so I started working at it. I got a few things done, but then I got distracted by a poor skein of Malabrigo Sock yarn (Rayon Vert: purples and greens, very pretty) that had become untwisted from it's hank and needed to be wound. Unfortunatly, those things take FOREVER to wind (the yardage on that stuff is fantastic), and it got tangled toward the end, so I didn't actually get any more cleaning done. But, the important part is that I made a start with a goal in mind.

I want to have a functioning home office by the end of next week.

Why next week? Well first I have a call* tomorrow at 11am, and then I work all night at the other work, and then I'm working most of the weekend at the other work... so saying I"m going to have it done by the end of this weekend when on top of all of that I have dishes and a rather pathetic amount of laundry to do is JUST NOT REALISTIC.

Not for me anyways. I like to have my down-time between things.

Right now is bed time. Tomorrow might be a long day, and I should really work on getting better sleep. Also, the cat is giving me her "goddamnit, go to bed so I can get my bedtime treats!!" face.

She has such a pretty little face!

*so, for New Work, a project is a specific task to be completed for a client. Within a project, you have to go to various locations to whom the client supplies, and each visit to a location is called a "call". So, if I were, let's say, handing out flyers for Acme Inc., that would be a project. If I were traveling to 6 events to hand out these flyers, each event would be a call.

No comments: