June 30, 2011

Quick update: This can't be good...

Sooo... remember all that wisdom teeth stuff? I figured that would be a distant memory by now... the stitches have fallen out (so unpleasant), and it's been over a week now since the surgery, I should be good to go, right. Yeah, not so much.

Fair Warning Folks, the rest of this post gets a little... TMI? Squicky? Whatever word you like, it's not for the squeamish, the sensitive or anyone considering dinner within the next few minutes. I don't think Blogger allows "cuts" yet, so I'm going to post a cute pic below, AFTER the bad stuff. If you Don't want to read the icky bits, just scroll to the pic, and I'll meet you after.

***


***


***

I've been having some rather icky issues with swelling inside my cheek, a very bad taste and an equally bad smell (I've asked, no one else can smell it, but I can). I know that this generally equals infection, but I"m already on post-op antibiotics, so I shouldn't be having that issue. But today, while I was watching the Royal Royals get off the plane (welcome to Canada, btw), the taste suddenly... well, there was more of it. As though something had drained. I went to the bathroom and, using a little bitty flashlight I happen to have, I braced myself and took a look. Not my smartest move of the day... I gently pushed the swollen part of the cheek away, and behind it was a hole... like a cave, and there was this white pasty stuff in it... At least I think it was white... the flashlight was LED, so there was a kind of ghastly tinge to it. I'm telling myself it was the lighting.

I pretty much ran for the phone and called the dentist's office.

I explained to the woman that I'm having the swelling and the taste, and told her about the white-ish stuff, and she told me what it was (Horribly disgusting word that rhymes with suss), and told me to rinse with salt water. Thing is, I've been doing that, and I also told her I'm also still taking pretty strong pain meds. I have to take T3's to be able to sleep through the night, and I've been taking WAY more advil than I probably should to be able to get through the day.

If you actually read through that, Congratulations on your iron will/stomach. To reward you, and to indicate the end of the gross stuff, here's that cute pic I promised...


***


***


***



So, I'm going back in July 5th to have the doc take a look.

The picture above is a little misleading... I didn't have a bad day. I actually had a pretty good day, apart from the whole... icky part. I went to the Eaton Centre and bought Capris, which are not really shorts, but they're close enough. I haven't actually bought shorts for myself since high school, so I consider that a triumph! Also, I tried on the 18's that I usually wear, and they were a bit big... but the time I got to the right size, I was a 15! (I think Reitman's may be the only shop in the 'verse that sells pants in even AND odd sizes).

So... yes! Good things!

But now I'm going to take some more tylenol and lay down until it's time to go to knitting. I like lazy days. :)

No comments: