June 23, 2011

Llama Face (may be icky)

Got the second round of wisdom teeth removed yesterday afternoon. First one came out just fine, but it seems my bottom teeth just hate me.

If you remember, 2 weeks ago, I went through a rather painful extraction involving a hooked root which caused some extra damage to my gums. There's still a rather interesting hole where the tooth was... interesting meaning it's difficult to drink cold things. Doc says it'll heal up just fine in a few weeks.

Jumping ahead to yesterday, I was told everything would be fine; easier, actually, because the roots of the teeth on the other side were all fused, so it should have been just a quick "pop". And the top one was. Thing is, my bottom teeth came in at 45 degree angles, and this one seemed to have actually wedged itself under the tooth in front. So, the doc pulled, and pulled and wiggled and pulled...

And then came to the conclusion that the only way to get this thing out was to SAW IT IN HALF, then pull the individual halves out.

I did mention that I was awake for all this, right? I was frozen, and I was having a wonderful time with my old friend Laughing Gas, but I was awake for the sawing part.

Everything was just lovely until the freezing wore off. I told the doc that last time T3's didn't help, so this time he gave me something else. Wouldn't it figure that the pharmacy was sold out of the something else (it's back-ordered, apparently...), so he wound up giving me Oxycodone.

Seriously.

Here's the thing... I don't understand how people get hooked on those. You would think that a drug with street value and a full page warning letter would do something... it didn't TOUCH the pain. And then, when I woke up at 2am in excruciating pain, I took a second one, which made me dizzy, faint and made me dry heave for about 5 minutes. I had to lay on the bathroom floor until I was steady enough to crawl back to bed. They're not fun, I wasn't euphoric, and it certainly didn't do anything for any pain I was experiancing.

Anyways, so now it's day 2. I"m miserable. Every time I swallow, my jaw aches, and I experiance a stabbing pain in my ear, so I haven't eaten anything since... well, I had about a tablespoon of ice cream last night to try and feel better, but that made it worse. So, it's been a while since I've had real food, and drinking water reduces me to tears.

So, my advice to all of you out there: If they're not bugging you, LEAVE THEM. Tell your dentist that you'd rather deal with crowded teeth and occasional sensitivity than this kind of misery. Then punch him in the face. Just once.

For me.

No comments: