August 13, 2009

I'm a CURVES GIRL!!

Ok, so I've joined Curves. It's time to get real and really do something, so I've set some goals. These are REAL goals that are personal to me, and I think they're attainable. And they're compounding, so Month three's goal is "do month one, and month two, and this..."

MONTH ONE: Go three times a week.
WHY? Because it's part of the program. Because it's costing me $50 a month. Because it gets me out of the office at 4:30 (last workout starts at 6:30). Because I need to to start getting fit.

MONTH TWO: Be able to carry ALL of the first aid equipment from the basement to the front desk without getting winded. (one or two items at a time)
WHY? Because it's part of my job. Because I really hate that I get winded at 25.

MONTH THREE: Be able to do up the buttons on my winter coat, even if they're gapping.
WHY? Because North Bay is damned cold, and I like my coat (Kyle Marsh once said it looked very British, which was an odd compliment, but I like it!)... I need to get the buttons fixed, but why do that if it I can't wear it.

MONTH FOUR: Be able to see my toes in the shower!
WHY? Because I miss being able to see my toes!

MONTH FIVE: Not be angry for pigging out at Christmas.
WHY? Because it's Christmas! Christmas is the season of Pigging out. But I have to be reasonable that I will need to recover from that.

MONTH SIX: Lose my Christmas weight
WHY? See above...

ONE YEAR... So by this time next year, I want to be able to buy a swim suit that is not Men's swim trunks and a t-shirt.

I think this is reasonable! Don't you?

No comments: