June 2, 2009

Thoughts

I was driving in today, and I got this wierd deja vu feeling.. not that I'd been in the same place before, but it was a similar feeling... It was chilly with the window down and the sun was shining in the car... It was a spring time feeling, and it made me think about where I was last year in comparison to now... What a change!

Last year at this time, I was shilling credit cards for Canadian Tire, hunting for a job, living on Gladstone in a shoebox... It was right around next week of last year that I got the student job with the Red Cross. Changed my life.

And now it kind of feels like starting again. Re-learning everything and gearing up for another adventure. This time the adventure is on the other side of the fence, rather than just helping out, it's all on me... getting people into these courses, getting my vast army of volunteers together (*dies laughing*)... It's like getting to the top of the mountain, then realizing that you still have to go back down. Sometimes getting down the peak is as difficult as getting to the top.

I'm starting into "Who moved my cheese" at lunch today, so I'm sure there'll be mice running through my posts any day now...

But it's an odd feeling... re-learning. It's hard, but rewarding.

I'm in a good mood today.

No comments: