May 11, 2009

dealing

Hi all, I'm back... kinda.

I'm dealing with some stuff right now. Not all of it is good stuff. Most of it is job stuff.

I just thought I'd share a few tidbits of my life with everyone before I wander off again and forget about this blog (not that I forgot before, I just didn't feel like boring you all with the same incessant whining and "oh poor me" baloney).

-Mom presented me with a new theory on life... Don't get upset, get angry! Somewhere along the way, I lost out on the sense of entitlement that seems to come with everyone 50 and younger... I don't get to say "ME ME ME" very often, where with some people, it's not something you get to do as a privilage, but more something you just do. So, I'm pissed. I'm fed up. Now I'm going to start telling people that, rather than just feeling like dead all the time.

-If it's not your business, don't stick your nose in it (Dad). I'm capable of being an adult (Dad), and I handle things reasonably well, even if you don't think so (Dad). So, unless you're willing to hop in and become a partner in all this (Dad), why don't you just mind your own damned business (Dad), and I'll come to you when I need help. PS: I don't want to buy a new car, get a mortgage and a house, I don't want to share my 5 year plan, and I'll get to an RRSP when I get to it.

-If I didn't have Adam to make me laugh and talk me down over the last few weeks, I would be in the looney bin by now.

-Star Trek blew my mind. Smattered it all over the people behind us. They were kind of grossed out.

-I've started using the phrase "Will do..." a lot more. I really don't think I like it.

-Volunteers really have changed over the last while... I think I'm going to do a review of Colin Thacker's volunteer workshop... eventually

Gotta run... more later

No comments: