January 14, 2008

Today

So, today was... different.

I talked to my placement supervisor. She sounds really nice. She said I was probably going to be half outreach and half front-line, so I'm really excited. They have some great outreach programs, especially for youth, and I'm really looking forward to jumping in. The front-line stuff is kind of intimidating, but I'm sure I'll learn a lot. I'm defianlty going to be working shifts, though, so after the 28th, everything will be "play by ear".

Class was good, we learned about the Crisis response team for the Near North board. Interesting stuff... The non-school board related stuff is run through the fire department, so there's another contact I'll have to work on.

After class, Colleen and I attempted the treadmill, but there's aparently only one (and an eliptical machine), but they were both taken, so we got on the exercise bikes. they were much more confusing than I thought they would be, but I know I'll feel it in the morning. I did about 1.5 minutes of leg presses after that... until my legs went numb and said "no more!!"

Then we had a production meeting. amanda runs FANTASTIC meetings... Business is set down, everything gets covered, and it only took a half hour! I'm going to be prompting at the rehersals for the next 2 weeks, until I go out for placement. Then I drove Colleen and Katie home, came back here and did 15 crunches on the yoga ball... Wow, those kinda hurt! I'm going to have to work on that.

I'm starting to be able to feel when I'm not getting enough water... It's a nice feeling, like I'm in control again.

I learned a lot today about power and control. Whoever has control has power. It's an interesting thing. Some people have power, other people strive for it. I need control to get my power back... I'm getting there. It's just a matter of really digging in and steering things back in my direction.

It's all a work in progress.

1 comment:

J.D said...

Sounds like you're feeling a bit better, which is really nice to see. I suppose we all sometimes have to hit that really awful point before things can start to get better. I hope things keep looking up for you. <3