November 25, 2007

A series of unfortunate events...

Tis the season for rediculousness, I suppose.

Let's jump back a bit, get everyone caught up. For those of you who don't know the Gemmell situation, I'll leave out the increadably boring details... Doesn't really matter. What matters is, I come back from my vacation (my wonderful, much needed vacation) to find out that he's dating someone he had not so long ago told me he wasn't actually dating, and was just taking to formal as a friend. Ok, fine... I was kind of offended that I hadn't been told of this development earlier (ok, more than kind of offended, I was kind of livid), but figured, hey, everything gets blown out of proportion in our group. Whatev.

Fast Forward to Friday. The Christmas walk was nice, but kind of disappointing. I didn't get to do ANY of my christmas shopping, partly because people were shoving and pushing and letting small children run free in Halmark-esque stores, and having little reunions in the middle of aisles smaller than my hips. Anyways... but, it was pretty, and kind of nice to hang out with Colleen and other Lacey.

Then we head to Festivus. This was supposed to be the end of year bash for SoS. No drinking (finally, a non-drinking-game related event), just games and movies and fun. I was also kind of expecting that since we were calling it "Festivus", there would be actual Festivus events, like the airing of grievances, the feat of strength, and the feast of meatloaf. There were actually none of these things. Craig even tried to decorate the Festivus pole (which was a broken lamp-pole I drug into the middle of the room so we could ligitimatly call it Festivus without being posers), despite the fact that Christmas trees are commercial, and that Tinsle is distracting.

I left with Colleen and Lacey at about 9:30 ish, because I was not in a good place. I was angry with Gemmell, I'll admit it. I mean, you want to have your new squeeky toy at your party, I have no problem with that! It's you're house, and I've used up my "kick you out of your own living room" card for the year. But, seriously, his bedroom was right down the hall. They could have spent the night in there, out of "plain view", and I would have had a much better time.

So, I got home, too strung up and angry to sleep, even though I wanted to. I knew if I just went to sleep, I wouldn't have gotten out of bed yesterday for Formal (though, hindsight being 20/20... see below...), so I called up Sarah and za posseee, and joined them at the Wall. I still hate the wall, but there was no where else to go for sweat therapy. And it worked, dispite the fact that some bitch stepped on my ankle and tore off a layer of skin. I did feel better when I got home.

Then there was Formal yesterday. Gonna tell ya, I still have NO idea what the big deal is. Formal was pretty much crap, in my opinion. I mean, the food was actually pretty decent, the cocktails were fairly cheap (despite the fact that no matter what I drank, I couldn't seem to actually get drunk, which was kind of distressing) and the steel drum band was fun for about the first 5 minutes.

Maybe it was because I don't really do formals. If I'm getting dressed up like that, I've probably organized the event, so I'm not usually bored. And I was bored. Bored to tears. Right out of my tree. And maybe it was because I didn't go with anyone, and the one person I wanted to go with was sitting at the other end of the table with aforementioned new girlfriend. And maybe it was because I had a lot on my mind. Despite the increasing length of this post, I do actually have a lot of work to do today, aside from the usual frantic cleaning and cooking. I mean, there's mountains of homework, I'm almost 10K behind on my nano (which I can't write, because it's hard to write romance when you really want nothing more to do with men), I've got an exam, a presentation, a huge stupid project that makes no sense and 2 tests next week. I have Christmas presents to make! I have a cat that loves me and misses me when I'm not home. Maybe that's why formal sucked.

Or, hey, maybe it just sucked. I don't know.

Regardless, Sarah (thank god for Sarah) and I left early, both of us not really wanting to be there, and watched Family Guy at her place until we were able to head back to Rez. Katie regailed us with Demented Tales from the Farm (which I am now calling Demented Tails from the farm, because it's cuter), wiggly arms (because if you can do "this", you're fine) and Frank Faces. Then I came home, curled up with my babe, and fell asleep.

This morning, Nan calls and tells me that one of the books I wanted to get Ash may actually be out of stock until January (sorry kid!), and that Grama has desided that the Richmond Family Christmas will be at our house next weekend. I'm sorry, but I damned near hit the roof. This woman has no problem abusing my mother at every chance she gets, and this was going to be the year I finally tore a strip off of her, because to be honest, I don't consider myself a part of that side of the family anymore. And it turns out that, had I been there, Mom was actually going to leave, so I could be there, and I could have everyone booted all 30 (yeah, 30!) out of MY house (which they know is undergoing renovations) within an hour, with nothing but a clear picture of how I feel about the way they treat my mom. And I would probably booted all 8 of the children they're expecting down the stairs (literally). And I probably would have had the cops, an ambulance, the SPCA and CAS on stand by, just waiting. To put it bluntly, I'm not a happy puppy.

And I'm still pissed off, because Captain Asshat hasn't responded to the email I sent him.

And then I found out that a major tragedy last night is effecting my friends, and I really can't do anything about it.

So now, I'm angry. And I'm stressed. and I want to punch a dingo. And I keep having dreams about my ex-boyfriends. The only bright spot last night was a rather fulfilling fantasy about having the upper-body strenght to pop Gemmell in the nose. I actually felt the bone break, and saw the blood spray and the tears... It felt a lot better than it should have (these are my good dreams?????)

I just want things to be resolved. I want to walk away clean. I want next week to be over. I want my christmas feeling back damnit.

If you do actually read this, Captain Asshat, You killed my Christmassy-feeling. I hope you're pleased.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling Christmas isn't going to be much of a holiday for anyone this year.

We'll try and have a good time tomorrow, okay? And then the write in on Wednesday.

Love you.