October 2, 2007

It's that time of year again!

That's right, my epic-amis, it's October 2, and, though a day late, it's time once again for NANOWRIMO!!!

Rock!! So, yes, I'm participating again this year. And no, I probably won't finish, but I want to try and beat last year's total of about 7,000 words. I can't remember exactly how many I had, because I lost "Stone Cold Blues" when my computer crashed. Which is unfortunate, really, because that piece had some potential.

I'm thinking this year I'm going to try and pick up Sweet Hearts; my trashy harliquin romance. I should be able to do that fairly easily. I'm not going to try and do it in a weekend, but I'm going to try and keep the inertia up high enough that I make it to at least 15,000 out of 50,000. That would be le-awesome!!

And I think I might try being an ML again. I know it didn't really go well last year, but I'm hoping that some of my friends who will be in town (UBER-NUDGE....) will at lease volunteer to help me with those duties. I know someone's already planning a Halloween/Kickoff party, so that helps a lot!

FFAQ, the Red Cross thing, is still plugging along. I'm starting to realize that I'm not as comfortable approaching people cold and asking them for money as I thought I was. Kinda sad about that.

Oh, also, I should mention that I have another Foster for this week. Her name is Sorrell, and she's a lovely cat with a white belly, and orange and grey patches. She's affection deprived, and loves to snuggle. She HATES other cats, but would be awesome for a one cat home. She is extreamly well behaved, too! Doesn't claw or scratch or anything! I'll post pictures as soon as I find a computer compatable with my camera.

I don't have a lot of time, as I think I'm about to get kicked out of this lab, but i'll let you all know that I'm heading back to London on Friday, probably at about noon because my later class got cancelled. There will be wonderful turkey/chicken, and then I will be back. I may not update before that because this week gets kind of insane from here in, and I have an INSANE amount of homework to do, including about 6 pages worth of journalling, a take-home test, and probably something else I'm forgetting because I left my briefcase at home today. I wanted to see what things would be like "untethered".

anyways, that's it for now, I'm oft, and if I don't see people at auditions, I will see them soon!
Promise!

No comments: