May 8, 2007

Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here...

This should be Richardson's motto.

It wasn't that bad. It was a long night, and I was posted with a girl who made me insane all night (she used the phrase "eie-yie-yie" more than once, and used "Ah, Hell naw" to discribe things she didn't like. Gouge. Out. Eyes.), and there's no one really there that I know anymore because of the new hires, the retirements and the mixed-bag of people per shift, but I made about $90 before taxes for one night. That's not bad, really.

And just as the night was ending, Justin, the good-natured bastard of the group (think Devin+Brian+ a whole lot more swearing and random singing) comes up to me with a big smile and a "Honey, she's home!". We chatted, and at one point he stopped and proclaimed "Damnit, girl, what did you do? You're fuckin smokin' this year! And you're damned right, that's a fuckin compliment, now take it and like it..." Ha ha, he rocks! He's a man-whore, but he's a nice man-whore. He's also taken, but that's fine... he's a little too over-the-top for me (which says a lot...).

But, yeah, it's not too too bad. I just have to endure a month of it before I head back to the bay for at least a break. I'm thinking about going up on the 7th (Thursday), and staying until the Sunday. But I have to book it off now; I got voluntold for some massive overtime over the next few months. Glee. But, one day's overtime is pretty sweet...

7.5 hours @ time (12.11) and a half (call it 6) = $135 (approx)

Yes, I count my days in dollar signs. It's a coping mechanism, and a damned good one.

1 comment:

J.D said...

A combination of Devin *and* Brian? Gah. Sweet jesus.

In any case, at least think of it as motivation to go back to school *chuckles*. You'll be out of there soon, I promise.

Oh, and I don't know if you're up for it, but if you go ahead with your plan to head up to the Bay on the 7th, I would be uber grateful if I could catch a ride up. Gas money and snacks would be provided, of course. Think on it at least, if not, no worries. Then again, if you were to say yes, you wouldn't have to drive in TO. ;)