December 17, 2006

2 Birthday wishes, 1 call to action and a meme...in a pear tree?

First: Happy Birthday today to Meaghan, and tomorrow to Colleen! Yays!

Second, and this is the important bit: Ok, I know people are poor right now. People are always poor at Christmas. I'm poor-er than usual, so I can sympathize. But I do have a request of every, single person who reads this blog...

Tonight, there was a report that Toys-For-Tots in London ON is short toys for 350+ needy children in our area. Also, Global National Reported that the Toronto Fire Fighters who collect toys for Kids are also desperatly short. The Santa Fund in North Bay is reaching out to that community in any way possible, and I know that L.I.P.I is the ONLY place in North Bay which takes used toys, but they are in need too.

Please, take a moment the next time you're in the mall, and look for your nearest Dollar Store. Run in, and spend $10 on toys. That's it. In the London area, take those toys to your nearest i-vision store, or visit the website for other locations (just google Toys For Tots London ON). In Toronto, drop your toys at your local fire department. Honestly, you're giving a child a Christmas. Even Crappy Dollar Store Toys are better than nothing. If you are in North Bay, and would like information on LIPI, email me, and I'll give you the address.

If every person who reads this blog donates 1 toy, and then tells one or two people, who then donates... Imagine the Christmases we can give.


Also, go through your closets, your cupboards and your linen closets. Anything still good that you don't need or wear, or use... Food in cans that you have for a rainy day or a random dinner for the American Military... Donate them to places like the Salvation Army, Good Will, Rebuilt Resources, your local Food Bank... This is the one time of year that giving is supposed to be second nature, not something to work at. So give... Why not??

Lastly: the MeMe. Just answer the questions in the comments. You can comment on what I said above in the comments too... If you donate, tell me. Even if you Toss a Toonie in the SallyAnne bin... Let me know. It makes me feel fantastic to know that other people really care too.

TELL ME ABOUT YOU
1. name:
2. birthday:
3. place of residence:
4. what makes you happy:
5. what are you listening to now/have listened to last:
6. do you read my blog (regularly or occasionally):
7. if you do, what is particularly good/bad about it:
8. an interesting fact about you:
9. are you in love/have a crush at the moment:
10. favourite place to be:
11. favourite lyric:
12. best time of the year:
13. weirdest food you like:
14. do farts make you laugh:

RECOMMEND
1. a film:
2. a book:
3. a band, a song and an album:

PLUS
1. one thing you like about me:
2. two things you like about yourself:
3. put this in your blog so i can tell you what i think of you.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

First, I donate money/goods every year... just not mostly to humans. Yes I put money towards/donate things to Sally-Anne, but most of my donations go to the North Bay Humane Society. I get them a bundle of supplies every year.

This year it's no different, but I ust don't have the $10 to buy a gift for a child if I want to eat next semester. Seriously. All my donation money is spent.

Now on to the meme thingy:

1. name: Sarah
2. birthday: Jully 22, 1984
3. place of residence: North Bay/Toronto
4. what makes you happy: Looking forward to something, and being able to just relax with no worries/things to do.
5. what are you listening to now/have listened to last: Right now I'm big on Wicked! Panic! At the Disco and Billy Talent
6. do you read my blog (regularly or occasionally): Regularly. I check everyday for an update... sometimes twice a day. Shut up! I do SO have a life.
7. if you do, what is particularly good/bad about it: Good: It's never boring. Bad: It's never boring.
8. an interesting fact about you: I have weird allergies? My favourite number is 5.
9. are you in love/have a crush at the moment: Hard to say. Sort of... but I know it would never work out at all.
10. favourite place to be: Chapters or my mom's
11. favourite lyric: "I don't want to hear you tell me everything is wonderful now" (Wonderful, Everclear) and

"I don't wanna understand this horror
There's a weight in your eyes
I can't admit
Everybody ends up here
In bottles
But the name tag's the last thing you wanted" (Theif, Our Lady Peace)
12. best time of the year: Christmas time
13. weirdest food you like: Tomato Butter on Kraft Dinner
14. do farts make you laugh: No

RECOMMEND
1. a film: American History X, Garden State, Jarhead, and many more.
2. a book: Worst question ever because there are so many. Top 3? White Oleander by Janet Fitch, Crow Lake by Mary Lawson (and possibly her second novel as well once I finish with it), and Black Englishman by Caroline Slaughter.
3. a band, a song and an album: Great Big Sea, Build God Then We'll Talk (Panic! At the Disco), too many albums to name but... "Play" by Great Big Sea comes to mind because it's been a main favourite for years.

PLUS
1. one thing you like about me: Your assertive, take-no-bullshit attitude.
2. two things you like about yourself: My hair and my opinions.
3. put this in your blog so i can tell you what i think of you.