November 28, 2006

Tis the Season

I'm getting the Christmas Bug. It's kinda strange this year, since I'm cheery about the Christmas Bug, but at the same time, still kind of meloncholly about the state of things.

I don't know what it was... maybe walking into Dollerama and hearing Clay Aiken singing the Christmas song (god, that's kinda depressing)... Or maybe it was walking into a Buck or Two (yeah, I'm cheap. And?) and seeing all the christmas ornaments, and now seeing all the goodies and the cookies and the garlands and ribbon... But I've definatley been bitten.

This year, I'm going to be holding my first real christmas party (last year so doesn't count...), plus I've been invited to one, AND I'm going to be working on a Chirstmas telethon... it's like Santa Claus (and the spirit of generosity and giving amoung all) has thrown me a life line, saying "Hang in there, We're coming for you... Everything'd gonna be good from here on in"!

I've actually got Christmas cards again this year, too. I need some of your addresses, though, so I know where to send the cards. I think I'm going to send one to Janet and Paul Gale too... I miss them.

so, yeah. Christmas is that little glimmer of hope for me. and now, I'm off to Substance Abuse class to learn about the joys of crack cocaine and meth withdrawl...

So much for glad tidings.

No comments: