October 2, 2006

Surfacing

Check it out! Changed the colour. Halloween theme. Isn't it scary!

Boo!!

I made it! It's just shortly after midnight, but I got everything done this weekend that I wanted to get done. I even cleaned my room a little bit, and I'm awake enough to be able to look over my notes one more time before the test tomorrow. I might even convince myself to get up on time tomorrow!

It took longer than was expected, true, but I did it. And I still had time to goof off with my friends.

Why am I making so much of a big deal out of this? Because this hasn't ever really happened before... Not that I'm aware of. And with people around me feeling lost, scrambled and generally overwhelmed, I'm going to be the arsehole who stands here and says "Wow, I'm really glad that that's not me". Because I am! And if it makes me a selfish prick to actually say so, then I'll be happy in my prickishness.

So, tomorrow I have a few things I need to do, but at this point, I feel like I can totally handle it. I need to study for Substance abuse and a LOT for Sociology, and I have 2 sets of tutorial questions to get answered for group studies. Really, that's not so bad.

The thing that's kinda getting to me is that this coming weekend is Thanksgiving. I mean, making the drive back is always nerve wracking, and taking strangers isn't something I like doing anyways, but the cash is useful... No, it's more the fact that it's here, and I feel like I've almost missed it. Or that it's coming up too fast. It's already thanksgiving. It's already October. A month has going by already! Where the hell did it go!? So, that's the rant for tonight. I feel like I've either lost a month of time, or like I'm moving forward too quickly. Oh, yeah, definatly the last one. Moving ahead too friggin fast.

Tomorrow is definatly going to be an interesting day. I want to be up by 6.30am so I can catch the 7:50 bus to the school. That would give me time to grab a coffee and read my notes. Besides, the 8:20 bus (the next one to go by) gets there too late. Ah, well. If I ever sleep through the night, uninterupted, for a full 8 hours, they'll declaire a National Holiday.

But I'm good. I'm actually really good. Todd stopped in tonight to visit with Mike, and Mike was on the phone, so he actually came in and chatted for a while. And for him to step in on my turf is a sign that he's not terrified of me anymore. And then Brian stopped in, which was good... made me a little less nervous about tomorrow. Why am I nervous? Because there's nothing worse than going out for lunch with someone and sitting in silence the whole time. Not that we really would, as there's always something to talk about... I guess it was just nice to know that even after not seeing eachother for a few months, there are still things to talk about.

Sleep now. Maybe another post tomorrow.
Probably.

No comments: