September 30, 2006

Groovy.

Sarah threatened to beat me if I didn't post tonight. *cowers*

No, No... It's not that I'm avoiding the blog, it's just that right now, I don't really have anything to talk about, or anything that I can talk about. The past week was pretty much a write off, and I learned a lesson on how starting the week on a shakey foot leads to stumbles through the week.

This week has been pretty introspective for me, actually. I've had a lot of time to think about things I want, things I don't want... pretty much the same things I always think about, only moreso. Things that have been a pretty big issue for me, especially in the more recent past. Things that may soon be an issue, if I don't watch what I'm doing... I've started to watch myself more. Alot of my classes really stress introspection and self-awareness. Danny and I were talking about it (which is odd, because Danny and I rarely talk), and he agrees with me that it's a good thing: you can't always help others if you don't know yourself. Knowing yourself is also a huge part of getting older. So is Calming Down.

I've started to notice that I'm Calming Down. Of course, SoS people may disagree at first: I'm still just a touch over eccentric. But, when it comes to freaking out and losing control, I think I'm ok now. I think I'm starting to let things go. I feel a lot more at ease, and a lot less trapped than I did a year ago. I really, REALLY, REALLY hope this feeling stays with me.

I am starting to get tired again. I've started sleeping in more than I should. I'm having trouble (still) getting to sleep. I think it's starting to get better... It's just a matter of adjusting to real sleep. I can't remember the last time I've actually slept through the night without waking up 5-6 times. I can actually remember in the morning how many times I woke up in the night to do something... and knowing what I do now about sleep patterns, I know that it's not healthy.

Anyways, enough about that. There's too much else to discuss! I'm very excited about SoS: I auditioned on Friday, and I think it went over well. I'm also excited about game tomorrow. 12th level characters, man... sweet mary moses, it's gonna rock!!

I'm also very excited to be doing my homework tonight. Seriously. No sarcasm at all: I actually want to do it. I'm writing up the minutes from our meeting on Thursday; my second year fundraising class. I'm really enjoying the class, even though it's a little work intensive. Everyone seems impressed about the detail I keep in the minutes, which is something I feel is important. I also have to write up a letter for the class to use when they go to businesses to fundraise or ask for donations. It's really neat, and I feel lucky to be able to get the chance to do that.

Monday I have a Multiculturalism test. Woo. LynnAnne, our prof, really doesn't understand the dynamics of the classroom, or how to keep control. I mean, bad enough she started us with creating our own "Power Flower" (ugh...), but she teaches in the same way that grade 3 teachers teach. You need back bone and confidance to be able to control a bunch of 17-26 year olds at 8.30am. So, I'm not sure really what to expect from the test. I'm going to study tomorrow after game, and see what happens.

Tuesday I have a Soc. Test and a Substance Abuse test. I don't feel as confident about the Soc. test as I do about the Substance Abuse test, so I'm going to be studying hard for that one on Monday night, after lunch with Brian. :) Brian and I are going to Greco's, which is cool: I've never actually been there before!

I have my Sociology assignment due on Thursday, which is going to be a pain... I haven't started it yet, and I'm not quite sure what to make of it yet... I know what we have to do, it's just the working it out process that's a bit odd.

With all that, I've got some things here that I'm really having to take care of. I'm starting to slip again. My room's a mess, and I haven't cleaned the kitchen in days. I need to do laundry again, which is frustrating, but necessary... It seems like little stupid things, and really they are... Ah, priorities.

I miss having sweaters. It's going to be a long, fridgid winter if I don't soon get something warm to wear.

It's 9pm. I'm going to work now, I think, on cleaning my room, then the minutes. The letter can't really be dealt with until Monday morning anyways, so I can probably leave that until tomorrow, if I have to.

Right... Off I go!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

*puts stick away*

Excellent. Now let's keep it this way. I demand at least one update for the week, and one for the weekend. Kapeesh?

I totally spelled that wrong and I don't care.

Isn't being productive great? ;)

I ended up having to call Tabetha to help me. Just like old times...