September 11, 2006

What to say?

I spent some time today reflecting on the past 5 years, and remained with my conclusion that the lives lost in 9/11 have been for nothing so far. There's been no conclusion, no one's any safer or happier, and people are still dying. So, I felt pain for those lost. But pride in this continent? Enduring Freedom? Brotherhood? Not so much.

Those are my thoughts. Sorry if it offended anyone, but it's just how I feel.

Anyways, nothing really exciting happened today. Except I somehow wound up getting step 1 of my 2-step TB test. Don't know how exactly that happened, but no worries... I had an appointment next week to do that anyways, and now I can use that to get the refill that I need.

I'm out of Multi-Vitamins, and everyone around me is slowly succumbing to the Virus. Vanessa started it. *points and runs!!* No, I'm still blaming those dirty, dirty frosh. I no longer have any desire to see them "get down". Anyways, tomorrow I will likely be taking a detour into town to get more multis and a massive bottle of vitimin C... see if I can avoid this thing. I might look into some other immuno-boosters too, once I'm out of the red, cash wise. God knows, you can never be too healthy.

So, I printed off some Job Discriptions for Canadore. I'll be throwing together some resumes and cover letters tonight before I crash, and then hopefully I'll soon be employed, and all will be well. Wanna Know what I'm applying for? OK!:

-First Contact - Office of the Registrar: mail bitch +tour guide. I could do that.
-Customer Service/Office Assistant for NUSU/CSRC office: we've all seen what they do...
-Food Bank Assistant: My first choice. making sure people don't take too much, organizing and cleaning. I want it SOOOOO much!! And they need 4 people! I might get lucky!
-Archive Organizer for Continuing Education: Organize, lable, shred. I can deal with this.
-Student Centre - Various positions: Kinda my "only if there's nothing else" spot, but there's 15 positions available, so I might get something good, like bartending, dishwashing or Pal's Girl. Though, that would kinda be like working in the Lucky... so we'll see.

So, hopefully there will soon be employment. That would be nice.

For some reason, I don't feel very well tonight. Maybe I'm just tired, maybe I ate too much pasta... Maybe I'm just me. Oh, well. Tomorrow, there will be class. And it will be good.

No comments: