September 6, 2006

Sparky's Timetable, Term 1

Hey all! Here it is, my actual, honest-to-god schedual for SEPTEMBER TO DECEMBER ONLY. Sort of. Issues and notes are at the bottom, but this is what I have confirmed:

Monday
8.30am-10.30am - Multiculturalism in Canada
11.30am-12.30pm - Interviewing I

Tuesday
8.30am-10.30am - History and Philosophy of Social Work
11.30am-12.30pm - Intro. Sociology I
1.30pm-2.30pm - Substance Abuse I
2.30pm-3.30pm - Student Success in Human Services

Wednesday
1.30pm-2.30pm - "Human Service Methodology" aka Group Studies/Group aka "HUM"

Thursday
9.30am-11.30am - Social Work Methods: Community Organization (actually a second year course)
12.30pm-2.30pm - Intro Sociology I
2.30pm-4.30pm - Interviewing I

Friday
8.30am-10.30am - Computers for Human Services
10.30am-12.30pm - Group Studies
1.30pm-3.30pm - Substance Abuse I

So: Issues/Exceptions/Stuff:
  • Computers is aparently a course you can do in the lab or at home, and aparently there's an option to fast track through it. I may need help from some of you l33t html-ers out there, but I might be able to get it done before December.
  • Group Studies is actually done in November. Our Final Exam appears to be NOVEMBER 17TH. The reason for this is:
  • November 1st (Wed.), 2nd (Thurs.), and 3rd (Fri.) Are some sort of Workshop days. On these days, I'll be at the Voyager Inn from 9AM - 4PM, NOT in my normal classes.
  • I'm still short a class. I'm going to try and find something to fill the gap by the end of next week, but if I don't, whatev. Mental Health and Addictions is totally full, but aparently there are courses in General Arts and... elsewhere where I might be able to pick something up that will help me along the way. If I manage to find something, I'll re-post the above with the new course highlighted.
So, that's pretty much the news to date. Early classes, but this way, come Christmas time, I might be able to find employment after school, or something. I don't get my schedual for term 2 until... well, term 2, aparently. And in term 2, I'll be doing a 2 week placement. Plus, I should be able to pick up some "Term 4" (term 2, year 2) courses next term to make up for the 2 I'll still be exempted from. So, more lines. Yay. Not.

I got my OSAP all filed and sorted out, which is good. I haven't bought any more books yet, which is ok, for now, and a quick browse through WorkopolisCampus brought up a couple of dead-simple jobs that I want AND will fit my schedual, AND may fatten up my SSW-oriented resume (working at the student food bank would be human service). So yeah! Good Stuff, I say.

But now, to get dry laundry, then to bed. Because 8am comes real freakin early, and it's gonna be another long day...

No comments: