August 17, 2006

A New Chapter...

After waiting for three hours yesterday and almost being late for work, I finally got to see a doctor at the Medical Clinic. My appointment was for 11.30am, and I didn't get to see the doc until 2pm. I was less than impressed. I mean, if we're 15 minutes late for an appointment, it costs us $30, $50 if we're a half hour late; the doc can be 3 hours late, and we don't even get recent magazines?! Insanity.

Anyways, the reason I went to see the doc was because I can't function in the real world anymore. I wake up angry, walk in circles for an hour because I just can't sit still, then cry for hours for absolutly no reason. Mom says I'm even getting paranoid, but I'm not... I"m actually pretty certain that the pharmacutical companies are in cahoots with the government to turn us all into brain-dead soldiers... I can't sleep at night, I don't want to eat when I'm hungry and when I start eating I can't stop, and all week (this is my 3rd week with nothing in my system) I've felt like I"m walking underwater... like everything takes just that much more effort.

So, I'm now on Cipralex, a.k.a Lexapro (the American name...), which is a form of Celexa with fewer lasting side effects. I start at 10mg/day, and my jump to 20mg sometime next month if needed. I've heard good things about it, and aparently it's supposed to be effective in treatment-resistant depression and GAD. So, I'm hoping that this one works properly. And I won't be going past 20mg unless it's obviously necessary... no more of this "Why feel 60% better, when you can feel 11103048562984742846.2% better!!??" crap.

...I don't even think that's a real number...

Anyways... 2 more days of work, and Friday we have a tear-down, which isn't really work, just cleaning, so That's good. I can't wait to get out of that place. People are starting to make me crazy. Besides, everytime I turn around I have something else to do before/after I get back. Tomorrow is Shopping day, and this weekend is our Martin family reunion (which means everyone goes to the cottage together before Uncle Steve, his NEW FINACEE Marnie and his daughter Rio go back to B.C.) then from Monday to friday I have appointments to book and see to, the car has to go into the shop, I have to pack, I really should call Mike and let him know that I'm alive and planning to return...Then once I'm back, I have to get my schedual figured, I need proof of registration for the bank and dad's insurance, I've got to make at least 2 appointments with Dr. Gooderham already... I think I need a vacation. Or 7.

Oh, and One more thing before I venture back to the land of Mayo and Dippy Sauce... Epic Congratulations to Katie and Adam Taylor, as well as Tanya and Josh Partridge, both couples saying their I Do's this weekend. Ladies, keep a tight leash, and Gentalmen, don't screw it up.

1 comment:

J.D said...

Three hours? Dude, that's just not right. Complain ++ But good for you for going in and getting that looked after. I hope this one works out a little better for you than the Effexor - that stuff is teh evil. I know a few people who have tried Celexa, and all of them say it's wonderful stuff. ^_^ . . . Yeah, don't listen to Dr. G about anything regarding meds like this, I love her and all, but sometimes, she's dumb.

Come and see us when you're back in the Bay! We heart you. Ooo! We should invade Sarah and Larkin's place! They need a house warming...*nods*