I'm all alone in the house today, for the first time in a while, and I'm just kinda relaxing for now. Nothing huge going on... Just a quick progress report on the packing situation, really.
1) I bought stuff. Pretty sweaters and bras that fit. Oh, and comfy pants. Gotta have comfy pants.
2) I confirmed with Mr. Mike that coming back on Tuesday is ok. So, I am coming back Tuesday. Woot!
3) I haven't really started packing yet. I mean, I've packed some of the little things, and I'll probably pack up books and less-essential items this afternoon, but really, if I'm limiting the items I'm taking back, it's hard to pack a week in advance, knowing that I might need something. Or, at least, that's what I'm telling mom...
4) My Standard First Aid and CPR C training is this weekend. Saturday and Sunday, 8am-6pm. Should be interesting. Hopefully I"m not the only one there...
5) Cut my hair off. Again. Shorter this time than last time, I think, but the colour's the same: the red with the blond through it. It looks good. Nan said it makes me look younger, but I thought it made me look older. Besides, I'm not at the age yet where you can tell me a haircut makes me look "younger"... Unless I was starting to look old. Which I wasn't. Was I?
6) Still reading I Know this much is True. Really, really good. I'm about half-way through it now. I'm thinking about getting a library card for the real library in North Bay... Unless they've made some huge changes to the one at the college, I think I'll save it for research purposes.
7) I've started watching Grey's Anatomy. It's been running on CTV in the daytime, and is the only really decent thing to watch. It's actually not that bad, either. I saw the season ending, and I'm looking forward to the premiere, but I think I might have to get the boxed set to get completely caught up.
8) I know it's a little premature, and kinda goofy, but I've started my Christmas List. Mom insists Ash and I do one every year so people know what to get us, and this year I've been tallying up a list of things that I need, instead of waiting until December and having no clue. Some of the things are pretty basic, like a digital camera, web cam, new MP3 player, some more computer memory (RAM, right?)... you know, stuff I should probably have by now to uphold my geek status. And then there's Seasons 1&2 of Family Guy, Season 1 of Grey's Anatomy, and either City of Heros or City of Villans. Things that aren't "Stuff", but keep me occupied.
9) An appointment was made on my behalf with Canadore's Counceling services by the Transitions Co-ordinator. At first, I thought it was a little presumptious of her to think that just because I'm being treated for depression, anxiety and a miriad of other issues, that I wasn't already in counceling with another person... but then I realized that these people are acutally looking out for my intrests. Instead of fighting to get into Nipissing's counciling services, I'll have a pre-booked appointment that I don't have to beg for. It's kinda nice, knowing that that is one less thing to worry about.
finally, 10) I still (STILL) smell of garlic powder and toasted onion powder. GAH. Eww.
I'll probably post again before I leave here. I'm thinking about developing a character for Vampire the Mascarade. I've had the handbook sitting around here for ages, so I might as well get some use out of it. Maybe I'll post about that.
Or other stuff.