May 24, 2011

Clog.

Adam is Napping on the couch, and I thought now might be a good time to get a few thoughts down.

I'm feeling a bit of a clog. No, no, you can keep reading, I promise it's nothing relating to medical conditions or excessive consumption of cheese (though, I can say with 100% certainty that the consequences of anything involving excessive consumption of of cheese are ALWAYS totally worth it...) (Is? Are? I've been out of school for far too long...)

It's a Clog in karma, life-stuff, creativity.

Maybe it's because I only have ONE active project on the go. That's right, ONE.

I'm usually kind of a magpie when it comes to knitting. If something is shiney, or pretty, or makes me go "ooooooo, I wanna knit THAT!" I pretty much just cast it on and go. But right now, I have a thing going. It's kinda working, kinda not. Here's the scoop:

Before Christmas, I decided that I was going to knit Colleen (Unavoidedcrisis) socks. But, these would not just be any socks... these would be tiger socks. I could picture them in my mind, and they were totally made of awesome. They were "Winning!" before Charlie Sheen made it a horrible cliche. Thing is, these socks required a leap for me. First of all, they would be the second successful pair of socks I'd ever created*. Second, these would be the first socks I"d ever knitted in sock yarn on tiny needles. Thirdly, this would be my first time knitting socks with BLACK sock yarn. It was a leap, but the first sock got done!

Now, I'm about 2/3 through the second sock, and I want to finally finish them. Christmas in July and all that. I've become so focused that I have nothing else on the needles... And I think it's causing a creative clog.

I'm not really tracking the other projects I want to do, but I have plans and ideas. Thing is, while I'm focused on these socks, I'm not really doing anything else creativly... hence the no blogging. The whole wedding-dress thing (I'll get to that in the next post, I swear...) got me back on the wedding planning train, and that's adding to the dam. So now I just feel... Clogged.

I'm hoping some of this lovely sun we're getting will encourage me to start sloshing things around... maybe this summer I"ll even try to paint. Something to lift the foggy plugged up-ness of it all.

Until next time, readers, which will hopefully be soon... please do me a favour...

Follow me on GetGlue.com. I need more followers! Also, everyone likes free stickers.



*I knit one really bad sock before taking a Sock Class at Creative Yarns, and matched it with my first sock from that class. Now the Bad sock is Sorrelle's Christmas Stocking, and the good sock is a trophy I plan to have made into a shadow-box.

No comments: