November 7, 2010

Sacrifices

So, Tonight was an all-hands-on-deck meeting at work to discuss upcoming promotions and to do some much needed folding around the store. It was ok... the meeting was a little frustrating because I couldn't hear a lot of what was going on, and the whole thing seemed a little disorganized, but I got the jist of it.

Then I picked up 2 shifts on top of what I'm already working. In the course of an hour, I went from 20 hours to 31 hours, starting tomorrow. That's INSANITY, especially since tomorrow's shift starts at 7am (owie). Money-wise, it will be good, but everything else wise? Sacrifices needed to be made.

I'm officially dropping out of NaNoWriMo, for one. I'm not to broken up about it, because I didn't really have a good story to go on anyways, but it still stings.

Second, some of my knitting will not be ready for the holidays. Basically, if I won't be in your physical presence on the days immediatly before or after December 25th, you might be getting your gift sometime mid-January.

Third... well, third is that I'm giving up my late night internet shinanigans for sleep.

Hey, it had to happen eventually...

No comments: