October 13, 2010

Adam's Chicken Alfredo.

Ok, Ok, I know, I haven't posted more Aruba pics yet. That's because I haven't really edited them yet... I'm working on it.

For now, let me tide you over with this: This is the recipie for the ONLY thing I've cooked so far that Adam's liked, other than his birthday dinner (and I did overcook the steak on that one...) It's not bad, I like it too.

Adam's Chicken Alfredo:

2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 jar of Classico Alfredo sauce (there's several varieties, we've used the roasted garlic and 4 cheese varieties with positive results)
Spaghetti or Spaghettini, whichever you have
Salt
Garlic Powder
Pepper.

1: Place Chicken breasts on a pan lined with Parchment Paper (seriously, it saves SO MUCH TIME). Dust with garlic powder and a little black pepper. Bake at 400F for about 20 minutes, or until both pieces are white and starting to brown, and when you cut into one the inside is white and the juice is clear. Turn off the stove, but put the chicken back in the oven to keep it warm.

2: Make your spaghetti. Salt the water, it makes the pasta much better! Drain the pasta, but keep it in the strainer for a second; you will need the pot again.

3: Make your alfredo sauce. We use about half to 3/4 a jar, depending on how big your chicken breasts are and how much pasta you make. Basically just dump it in the pan and heat it on medium until it simmers a little.

4. Take the chicken out of the oven and cut it up into bite size bits. **Be careful, it's hot** (I know you know it's hot, but I'm covering my butt here). Put the chicken into the sauce and stirr.

5. Turn off the heat on the sauce. Here you have the choice of either putting the pasta in with the chicken alfredo and mixing the lot together, or putting the pasta on the plate and putting the sauce on top. I like the first option.

6. Enjoy with Pepsi or white wine (guess which one is my favorite...)

This month Adam and I are going to try and go to resteraunts less, which means I"m going to cook more, and he's going to keep an open mind, which I appreciate... but it's hard, he's kind of picky. So, if you have recipie suggestions, I'm all ears!!

More pics (and probably recipies) coming soon!

No comments: