June 17, 2010

Words of Wisdom

Adam's got me into watching the West Wing. We just watched "Noel", the second season Christmas episode. From it, I got this quote from the character Leo... I liked it.



This guy's walking down the street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep he can't get out.
A doctor passes by and he shouts up: "Hey, you, can you help me out?" The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down the hole and moves on.
Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up: "Father, I'm down in this hole, can you help me out?" The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down the hole and moves on.
Then a friend walks by, and the guy shouts up: " Hey, Joe, it's me, can you help me out?" And the friend jumps in the hole.
Our guy says: "Are you stupid? Now we're both down here!"
The friend says, "Yeah, but I've been down here before, and I know the way out."

No comments: