December 17, 2009

Things to do:

I'm heavily into knitting now. I think because it gives me something to focus on that isn't misery, and because it quiets my mind.

YouTube is a GODSEND when it comes to re-learning and learning new. It re-taught me how to purl, and I'm hoping it can teach me DPNs in the coming months.

Right now, I've got several projects on the go.

1. Scarf of Ultimate Awesome, from Crazy Aunt Purl (she calls it Mistake Rib... I see no mistake!). It's so Awesome in fact, that I want one, AND Adam wants one. Good lord, it's good it's a quick knit.
2. Top Secret christmas project for someone who may or may not read this, and therefore I won't post what it is, but because of shipping, you're not getting it until January anyways...
3. 2 Bunnies, ready to be sewn and stuffed
4. 1 kitten that needs a head sewn on
5. I'm going to make some more Bronty's because they're both easy and cute!
6. I found a couple of beginner patterns for baby-cardigans that come in a child's size 3... Heather might need them, if not, I'll donate.
7. YouTube will be teaching me to use DPNs (double pointed needles) for things like Hats and proper mittens, and some day, maybe even a sock or two.


Why did you people introduce me to Ravelry? Seriously?

I'm hoping to build a decent stash of bulky wools, because they're soft and warm and awesome. I have a fair lot of sythetics now (the stuff you get in the discount bins), but some day I'd like to get the real, alpaca, hand-spun, home-grown stuff to play with.

Maybe, just maybe, if I start in January, I'll get all of my Christmas knitting done for next Christmas! lol...

Oh, well. Keeps me busy. And busy is good. Without busy, I'd do nothing but cry...more. And let's face it, I'm a mess when I'm weepy.

No comments: