December 3, 2009

late night?

So, I'm officially caught up on Questionable Content. Yep, I went back from the start and read all 1500+ comics. Now I remember why I loved it so much!

Yes, it's 7am. No I haven't slept yet. Yeah, I know Nano's over.

I went for more blood work this morning, and I wasn't feeling well, so I napped from 2 to 5, so I guess I'm still running off of that? The doc gave me some clonazapam to help me sleep, but I didn't think I'd need it. Guess I was wrong. Oh well.

So, With Nano Over, it looks like I'll have time now for knitting like a mad fiend to finish some Christmas gifts. Also, because of Nano, I started writing a story I really see going somewhere. No, not the AU Supernatural nonsense I gave up on 5 days before the end of Nano... It's a little different, more realistic, no fantasy, and fits into genre-romance better. "State of Emergency": Hitting shelves eventually! Well, we'll see. I'm also going to go back and continue with the St. Lawrence Harbour series. I think it will be good for me to write something fluffy. No battle scenes.

Despite the ongoing writing, I've made a major decision regarding future endevours: I will not be MLing for North Bay next year. I used to like it, but thie year I actually started to loathe it. So, I got my 3 year pin and a t-shirt, and now it's time to move forward.

Other than that, not much has been going on, really. I'm not in the festive spirit at all, and even Relly's been driving me crazy recently. She isn't getting along with the Christmas tree. Or...maybe she is... She likes to knock things off of it.

Adam upgraded my computer. Now I'm running on Windows7. I'm not sure if I like it or not. It's certainly prettier, and I like the pin-to-taskbar function, but other than that... it's a little more complicated than I need. Though, it's a huge difference from when I first started using the internet, walking to Dad's work after hours to use Netscape Navigator on a PC running either 95 or 97, reading Star Trek Voyager spoilers and wondering why people would have more than one email address... I never got any emails, really...

Oh... and yeah, you can ignore the ST:Voy thing... I'm still a big geek, but not quite that bad.

Ok... Well, since I have no desire to sleep, I suppose I'll just watch an episode or two of Hoarders and compulsivly clean the house until I pass out.

*thumbs up* fun stuff!

No comments: