March 23, 2009

rant.

So, I have a rant. It may or may not make sense to you, but it certainly doesn't make sense to me.

So, I put in a request today to stay for an extra hour and a half so that I can catch up on all the work I haven't been able to do over the last week because of raffle. I wanted to get ahead so I wouldn't have a stupidly long list of things to do. Things like inventories and filing and shredding. Things that would take way too much time out of my regular work day, but need to get done

I got a response of: you can stay if you want to, but you won't get leiu time, because these are things you should do in regular work hours.

Uh... wha? You mean I can't ask for leiu time to do the work that I couldn't get done in regular office hours because I was too busy doing other work? Isn't that exactly why people do overtime? I don't even want to get paid for it, I just want to bank some time off!

I left at 5 instead of staying and doing the extra work. I mean, really, yeah, I could do that in normal working hours, but there are a billion and one other things that I would need to do in work hours that ALWAYS come up that prevent me from doing things in work hours that I wanted to do after hours.

And people wonder why I get tired... trying to cram 10 hours work into 7 paid hours (I still work through lunch).

Stingy with money, stingy with time, stingy with appreciation...So, I'm going to be stingy with my time too! Heck with after hours work and unpaid overtime... I've got KNITTING to do!!

PS: I totally love Babybelle cheese.

No comments: