March 1, 2009

Distractions

So, I've been wandering the interwebs for super easy, beginner type knitting patterns. I've decided to take up this hobby again, because really, I need a hobby.

I mentioned this to a friend, who then asked me why I didn't sew. Well, I kinda do... badly. I never get the stitches right, and I can't follow a pattern. Plus, I don't really know how to use a sewing machine. He then told me that, being an avid LARPer (Live Action Roll Player) (ps: stop rolling your eyes!!), he knows a couple of people who make their own garb (costumes), so he's going to see if they can teach me how to make stuff, like clothes! I'm super excited!

So, here is my list of distractions, things I want to learn to make:

1. Blanket - I'm already 3 inches into a simple garter-stitch starter blanket
2. Hat on circular needles
3. I found a simple-simple pattern for a sweater that I want to try
4. a tote bag!
5. mittens
6. Socks. I want to learn how to make socks before winter next year.
7. Bears! I've always wanted to learn to knit little bears
8. I want to learn how to do fancy things like Cabling... I can't do anything right now beyond Knit and Purl!
9. I want to learn to sew my own shirts, dresses, skirts... I remember in high school when Missy McGee made a skirt out of men's ties... it was fabulous!
10. I want to eb able to find a cool pattern and be able to just DO IT!!

So, if anyone sees a cheap, small sewing machine that works at a yard sale or something, lemme know!

No comments: