February 6, 2008

...

CHILDREN ARE DRIVING MY UP THE FRICKIN WALL.

Seriously? Seriously. Seriously! There is some obvious boundary testing going on, and obviously the kids feel safe enough to expend some energy, but there are some glaringly inappropriate things going on when it comes to relationships with staff. They're forming heavy-trust relationships with complete strangers. Me, specifically.

Why do kids try and attatch themselves to me? Seriously, I dont' do well with them. I even made a kid cry today (not intentionally... Mom was meeting with the worker, and kid hit their sibling, so I tried to put them in time out... I would have been better letting them beat the tar out of eachother...)

By the time I left, I was stressed and exhausted and covered in baby-spit. I'm almost looking forward to another midnight shift.

Seriously.

No comments: