So, Colleen, my favoritest tiger in the whole world, came up with a list of 101 things she wants to accomplish in 1001 days. I want to help her with these things, as some of them will make for pretty rockin' adventures, or just something to do on a rainy sunday. I, therefore, am coming up with my own list, so she can help me with mine... this way, no matter what, the odds are we accomplish 101 things in those 1001 days... whether they're on the list or not.
So, 1001 days from now is... what, February something? Lemme check...
(after 45 minutes of hilarity involving a Nipissing Grad from the English program doing math...)
1001 days from May 22/07 (I'm not doing any of this tonight, I'm too tired!!) will be about 2.75 years from now... call it
Feb. 16, 2010
(many thanks to www.timeanddate.com, because thinking is difficult when numbers are involved...)
So here's kinda what I want to do, with halp from unavoidedcrisis...
001. go on another weekend trip with my friends
002. go to the states
003. Go to St. Thomas Ontario (I'm so close, but I've never been there!
004. Go to Sudbury ON and see the big Nickle for reals this time.
005. Get a passport
006. Go on a real date
007. host an all nighter
008. Get properly sized and buy at least 1 bra that fits.
009. buy a sundress and wear it somewhere
010. buy shorts and not feel embarassed wearing them.
011. Find more of the yoga pants I like and buy them.
012. Get at least 2 more piercings
013. Extend my butterfly tattoo
014. Learn to play Poker
015. Learn basic conversational French
016. Learn American Sign Language (enough that I can communicate in it)
017. Complete my diploma with a 4.0
018. Complete my Mental Health and Addictions diploma with a 4.0
019. Learn about politics enough that I can hate it legitimatly
020. Visit a real Museum
021. Get a certification of some sort relevant to my field
022. Visit an Art Gallery
023. Cook dinner and make desert for me and a "friend"
024. Go on a picnic!
025. Host high tea
026. find a madeline pan and buy it so I can make real madelines
027. bake a pie that didn't come from a box
028. Eat Sushi
029. Make something other than muffins for a bake sale
030. Finish a NaNoWriMo piece within November, even if it's trash
031. Finish Sweet Hearts
032. Finish Cold Hard Blues
033. Write a play (Script Frenzy or not)
034. Write letters to people for the hell of it once a month for a year (0/12)
ANIMALS AND NATURE
035. Go to a Zoo!
036. Go Bird Watching
037. Start and maintain an herb garden
038. Watch the clouds
039. Watch the stars
040. Howl at a full moon
041. Go to a butterfly conservatory
042. Save $1oo for a rainy day
043. Never go more than 3 months with a balance on my VISA
044. Pay my line of Credit
045. Be able to pay my own car insurance
046. Open an account for each specific goal I have... A "Bra" fund, a "Car" fund, a "trip" fund, etc.
047. Start a real list of things I really need to see/read.
048. Watch All of the Kevin Smith Movies
049. Watch Pan's Labyrinth
050. Watch all of the X-Men movies in one night
051. Watch An Inconvenient Truth
052. Watch Reservoir Dogs
053. See something at IMAX
054. Go to a concert that's not at the Wall or the Capitol Centre
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Don Quixote de la Mancha
- The Canterbury Tales
- The Scarlet Pimpernel
-The Lord of the Rings
-Wicked, Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, etc.
-Alice in Wonderland
-at least one book reccomended by each of the following people: Colleen (obviously...), Mike, Ducky, Sarah F, Sarah H, Mom, Ash and Oprah
056. Find and watch all 5 seasons of Ally McBeal
057. Listen to CBC Radio One on a rainy day
058. Go People Watching with a notebook
059. Find a coffee shop that makes coffee better than Tim Hortons!
060. Attend a Japanese Tea Ceremony
061. Learn to Pole Dance
062. Wear stilettos
063. Attend a Wine Gala
064. Drink a real Martini
065. Drink a margarita
066. Eat Escargot
067. Get a complete stranger to buy me a drink
068. Buy a drink for a complete stranger
HOBBIES AND CRAFTS
069. Learn how to make Origami other than frogs.
070. Judge a script writing contest (stay tuned...)
071. Knit a blanket
072. Spend a day just taking pictures of things (I don't know why that's underlined... it won't go away.)
073. Paint something with an easel and one of those round paint tray things.
074. Play Boggle
075. Win at Risk!
076. Host an Improv Show!
077. Do the opening talk-to-the-audience before curtain!
PERSONAL BETTERMENT (there's not a lot of these ^__^)
078. Lose 2o lbs
079. learn to say no to people
080. wear my contacts more often
081. Get a manicure
082. Host a discussion (professionally)
083. sit up straighter to fix my posture
084. Use WhiteStrips more often
085. Eat vegetables more
086. Drink more water
087. do 10 pushups
088. Do a Walk for _____ (cancer, Aids, something...)
089. keep my room clean for a month solid (0/30)
090. Update my First Aid and CPR
91. become a Red Cross Reservist
092. Sing in public without worrying about how I sound
093. Have a psychodelic experiance
094. Hike to Duchesne falls for a poetry reading (yes, another one!)
095. try to ride a bike
096. Walk from Residence to Main Street via. Algonquin like Mads and I did first year.
097. get my name in the paper again
098. Dance like no one's watching
099. Learn to swing dance
100. Learn to dance Latin-y
101. make a change in something that I care about that will last.
So, that's pretty much the list. It's going to be an interesting 1001 days!
I'm off to bed now. I'm still on days. It pains me immensly. Tomorrow I should get the final word on what plans are for the summer. I'm still nervous, and if I don't get it, I'm going to have to take a days stress leave... but at least I'll have an answer.