April 30, 2007

Happy 330th post!

...And also, it's my birthday.

Yes, I turned 23 today. Do I feel different? Meh... No more different than I have over the last few months. Do I look different? Well, we'll get to that...

I must say, it's been a hell of a year. Ups, downs, crazies, the whole nine. And I'm glad for it... I feel I'm a more well-rounded person now (you'll get that joke by the end of the post...), and definatly a lot more grown-up... I actually sort of feel like an adult now. Which is both increadably cool and wierd, all at once.

Tomorrow I'm lopping my hair off again, thanks to mom, and I'm going on a shopping bender, and watching American Idol for the first time this season, only because Bon Jovi is the "mentor"/musical guest. *drools*

Now, onto the real news of the day: I got on the scale for the first time in almost a year today. It was actually a nice scale - comfortable on the feet, gave the weight, BMI and % of water in your body. So, that was good. And then it was down-hill from there.

I'm over 140, folks. I'm officially at my heaviest. BUT, that's ok. I have a PALN (go watch Sgt. Bilko...). Really, I knew I was far from in the shape I should be in. Round is not a shape I look good in. But it shouldn't take a lot of work to go back to 130, if not someday get back to my goal of 125 (I look best at 120). And I have a partner in crime: Teddy. She could stand to lose about 20 lbs herself, so I'm hoping that between the 2 of us, we at least make a dent in the pudge before I go back, whenever that is. And we're going grocery shopping tomorrow, so I can get foods that are not junky. Mom no longer (well, after tonight's panzerotti fest...) allows sugars or cheese in the house, so all I have to really watch is salt and portions... but given the fact that my water reading was only 50-something%, and the best is 70%, I could do with drinking more water.

So, really, not horrible. Not the best, not the absolute worst either, as long as I hold off buying dress-pants until absolutly necessary. Plus I get to take the dog out for walks and swims, get her as muddy as possible, and track her across mom's brand new hard-wood floors.

Ah, the simple joys...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't care what the scale says, I think you are sexy. And I've seen you naked, so my opinion SO counts! ;)
Megs

Anonymous said...

>< How did I forget your birthday? Happy Belated Birthday, my sexy beast with less hair then normal.

(PS: Good luck with the weight thing. I know you can do it... Now if only I had some sort of gumption to do it too...)