March 28, 2007

Blown Away!

So, today after class, I was helping Scarlet, Tina and Shaun with their English assignments, which were a couple of Direct Business letters. We got chatting, and it came up that I don't have a lot of food in the house (I mean, I have pasta and some fries and stuff, but nothing really appetizing). Scarlet, who had just been talking to me about how I remind her of her daughter, went a bit wiggy, and told me that you should never tell a mom that.

So, about an hour later, there doorbell rings, and Mike yells up that it's for me.

It's Scarlet, and she brought me a veggie lasagna, some 2 bite brownies, apples and grapes. Oh, lord... I didn't know what to say! I mean... What do you say??

So now I'm going to have to start calling her Mom. She'll be my North Bay Mom! ...So now St. Marys Mom doesn't have to worry; I"m well taken care of. :)

I have the best friends ever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so blessed to have wonderful people like Scarlet in your life. Please tell her from one Mom to another,I thank her with all my heart. I only hope I show that kind of kindness to people around me. Scarlet you are one of Gods angels.

Unknown said...

She's awesome - it's nice to be fed, and to have someone that cares like that. :) Some people wait all their life to have an experience of friendship and caring like that... I'm glad you had one this early on in life :)