October 23, 2006

splat.

So I haven't written much in a while. It's not because I don't love you all. I do. I'ts because I"m a busy little Sparky, and there are too few hours in the day, fewer of which are spent online.

First, I say greetings to those from NaNoWriMo who may be reading my rants for the first time. Don't worry, I'm generally very pleasent, and easily bribed with gin and chocolate, just like the Nipissing Profs. (I'm not much for Scotch, or I'd be teaching by now...) For those of you who aren't yet preping novels, FOR SHAME...

I was recently made a Municipal Liaison for North Bay. Since a lot of people seem to be smiling and nodding when I say this, I'll 'splain.

1) NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writer's Month. For the 30 days of November, myself, as well as about 75, 000 people around the world, will be attempting to complete a 50,000 word (or 175 page) novel. Rules, Regs and "Is this concidered a novel?"'s are found somewhere on the NaNo home page, which is listed on the side.

2) Municipal Liaisons are like Team Leaders for a location. I'm the person who motivates, holds events, hands out freebies (which are aparently on the way!) and creates a community out of a handful of NaNo participants. So Far, things are going smashingly!

So, this rocks. I'm happy about it, and it's gonna be fun!

We (Sparrow S. Hellcat(Heather), Ace Heart(the other Lacey) and Ginny(Sarah)) went out and saw The Prestige on Friday night. It was really good... Though not quite what I was expecting. It's like CSI:1800's on Crack. It was good though.

I saw Nathan in the theatre. He's gotten... fuzzier. The beard is more like his dad's now, and he's grown his hair out. He looks...tired, and he seemed to have some difficulty looking me in the eyes. I don't blame him. Steph was there, but I didn't actually see her or meet her. It felt really, really wierd. I guess it made me feel a strange combination of lonely and glad to be single... Kinda like those days when you want something chocolatly and cheesey at once... the two just don't go together.

I dyed my hair again. Thanks to Heather and Lacey for their work, and Sarah for the re-assurance that it does look good! It's the colour of a very lux, very indulgent glass of red wine... I might get some blond/white highlights in it... you know, go for something really out there. It still feels a little too dark for me now. I'm definatly getting it cut again next chance I get... I like it shorter now. Easier to control.

I feel like I'm forgetting something... Like I was supposed to do something, and it wasn't important... Just something that I wanted to do, but now I've forgotten. And it kinda makes me sad that I've forgotten...

Well, here's the deal for this week: If you want to find me, look in these spots first.
Tomorrow: Class 8.30-12.30, caf/Wall/Computer lab 12.30-4, work 4.30-6, Home 6.30ish-9, Sarah's watching Heros/Firefly 9-11pm
Tuesday: Class 9am-2:30pm, work 3-6 Homework/Laundry 6.30ish+
Wednesday: Work 9am-1pm, class 1:30-2:30, caf 2:30-3:30ish, Lindsay's 4-6, Class Project thing 7:30-8:30ish, Criminal Minds 9-10
Thursday: Class 9:30-4:30, Homework like MAD 5-8, Grey's Anatomy 8-9
Friday: Class 10:30-3:30, Muddling around at home until Halloween Party at Partners.
Saturday: Probably Gaming.
Sunday: Probably Homework

I'm sure interesting things will happen in the week, and that I won't be able to post about them right away. I'll try, because, like I said, I love you all. I'm just busy. And crazy.

*loves!*

4 comments:

Ginny said...

I *heart* you and your hair.

It does look good... and I'm thinking the black streaks would look amazing now...

Sparky said...

Black? Really? See, I don't want it to be too dark, though. And really, I don't think you'd notice the black.

We'll see what happens... I might do it right before I go home for christmas... Hee hee...

J.D said...

Just be careful with black hair dye. It can make your hair fall out, and combining dyes does funny things. . . .

Ginny said...

I think it would look friggin awsome... if it doesn't cause your hair to fall out.