December 6, 2008

Where are you Christmas?

I think that jinglebell feeling I've been looking for has came and went for the season. I should have enjoyed it while I could.

Word of warning to those who see Christmas as a time of giving and generosity: Don't work for a not-for=profit. Srsly, it'll suck any good will from your soul faster than a hoover.

People in general have the grumps this year. Christmas has become a demand, not a request. It has become mandatory. an expectation. a RULE. It's become another season where people feel they have no choice but entertain and go broke. They have no choice but decorate and bake and love.

They are FORCED TO LOVE.

What the hell, people? we've made it so regemented and forced that we have started to seriously HATE christmas.

Or, at least, that's the explanation I'm going with. There's no other logical explanation as to why people are in such a friggin snot this year.

I had a fanTAStic dream last night. a small group of friends and I went to New York, as we were invited to this beautiful, chick brand new resteraunt (the name was a symbol, but I can't remember which one...). Anyways, we had gone, just a group of about 5 of us. I honsetly didn't recognize anyone in my group except for Karl and Courtney. I'm scouring the menue, looking for cranberry brie, and I kept saying that if I was going to go to a nice resteraunt like this, I wanted to have bris and wine. and I look over into the next booth, which is behind glass, and there's a group there. I recognize Mike and Christine, and Courtney said it was good that they came, becausse they were just going to stay home. Then I start looking, and it's not just Mike and Christine, but Katie, Maegan, Adam, Craig and a few others are there. I ordered a bottle of wine. I started drinking and everyone else left the table, so I left the trendy club and started driving home. As I was driving, I kept getting madder and madder... And then we hit the fantastic part...

I realize that I was in New York (which aparently is 20 minutes up Airport hill...), and I was in a beautiful new place, invite only, and I let people ruin by leaving me alone. I pull into a gas station, and I look in the mirror. I fix my make-up, and I change into a blue shirt and black skirt, and decide I'm going to a club. I'm going to go pick up! Why not, everyone else is having fun, why shouldn't I?? So, I go back. I drive by the club, and I see everyone having fun. There's a bar next door with a hotel at the top. I go in...

And Meet up with Robert Downy Jr., (clean), who takes me to his condo which is built on top of the hotel. And he ravages me for hours. There's a knock on the door, and all those people from the club are standing there, looking horribly upset that I"d left.

I told them to go f&$%k themselves. then Robert and I go back to the trendy club, and leave all those jokers in the 'invite only" area, and go to the ice room, where we're alone, and everything is white and blue and there are neon coloured martinis as far as the eye could see.

I've been thinking about moving to Sudbury.

Maybe that's a sign I need to get out more.

Back to Christmas

I'm not participating this year. I mean, I'm still going home, and I'll still do the day of thing...but other than that, I'm not going to care. I don't have time. or patience.

People want to be idiots, do it on your own time. I'm going to chill.

Chilled.

No comments: